"Something good is going to happen" I read it on a bumper sticker this morning on the way to research. While the rest of the bumper was plastered with a variety of stickers ranging from the profane to the politically questionable, I found myself in agreement with the simple expectation that something good was going to happen. To put that in fewer words: "I hope."
Some days this is harder than others (Monday was particularly bad...). It seems everything just piles up and my heart gets tired and heavy. I get worn down and its easy to slip into that state of self-pity and depression. But Jesus came to bring life and life more abundantly (John 10:10), and because of that I can have the confident expectation that in and through Jesus, something good is going to happen in my life in a very real and relevant way.
It kind of changes things when one really thinks about what "hope" really means, doesn't it?
"And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest is love." (1 Corinth 13:13)
But that doesn't mean the others aren't worth talking about.
Manager debates whether to fire his hardest-working employee because he
nonetheless underperforms: ‘When deals fall through or a customer leaves us
he seeks constant re-validation that he did all he could’
-
Sometimes we do our best, and it's still not enough
We're wired to believe more effort equals better performance, but sadly, it
doesn't always work like th...
10 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment